Well, the answer is quite obvious. If you don’t take care of your eyelash extensions, they will get clumpy and fall out soon.
So what happens if you don’t clean your eyelash extensions? Does cleaning lash extensions make them last longer? Importance of washing lash extensions? You had your eyelash extensions done, and you love what your lash artist made on your lashes. Then both of you are hoping that it will last longer.
The answer is quite simple. Washing your eyelashes is not only good for the health of your eyes, but also for their beauty of them as well.
If you are new to photo editing and want some help on how to improve your lash photos, we have a Lash Editing Free Tutorial just for you! Please click here.
Let me discuss on this blog the importance of washing your lashes.
The fine hairs that form on the eyelids serve a variety of purposes. Even though they are frequently viewed as a source of beauty, their primary role is to protect the eyes from microscopic particles like dust, sand, or debris.
Eyelash extensions are more likely to be affected by Demodex folliculorum. These mites feed on the dead skin cells that accumulate around the lashes and other parts of the eye, such as the lids.
Although everyone carries a small amount of these mites, they can nevertheless be passed through direct contact from person to person or animal to animal. When ladies don't take off their eye makeup and don't wash their eyelashes before bed, the mites can become a problem.
Lash Foam used in this set. To shop, please click here.
When we have our eyelash extensions on, we also need to make sure that we are responsible for taking good care of our lashes.
Remember to wash it regularly and follow simple steps to achieve longer retention of your lashes. Eyelash extension is a high-maintenance beauty treatment, and this being said, it requires attention on how to take good care of it.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS:
1. BE GENTLY AND MAKE SURE NOT TO RUB OR PULL YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Not to be a killjoy, but you'll have to take care of your eyelash extensions just as regular lashes. You might think that the last thing you need is another beauty routine — especially if you just got them done — but remember that they're not bulletproof and will fade (or break off) over time.
2. KEEP YOUR NEWLY DONE EYELASH EXTENSIONS DRY FOR 24 TO 48 HOURS
After you have your new eyelash extensions done, you must keep them dry for a few days. You don't want to rub your eyes or get water or sweat on your extensions.
3. NEVER USE ANY OIL-BASED PRODUCT ON YOUR EYES
Oil-based products can cause your extensions to fall out, so it's important to never use any product on your eyelashes with a base of oil.
4. NO SAUNAS, FACIALS, OR SWIMMING WITHIN 4 TO 6 HOURS AFTER THE LASH APPLICATION
Please keep this in mind to avoid disturbing the adhesive bond of your lash extensions as you schedule your spa day or pool time.
5. NO PERMING OF LASHES
Don’t be tempted to perm your lashes. This will only make them fall off!
6. DO NOT USE EYELASH CURLERS
They can damage your lashes, pulling and tugging at them which can result in a loss of length and a breakage.
Velour Lash Adhesive used in this set. To shop, please click here.
7. WASH YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS REGULARLY
Make it a habit, ladies, to clean your eyelash extensions using your trusted brand of shampoo. Thousandlashes Lash Foam is a specially formulated eyelash extension shampoo.
Lash Foam used in this set. To shop, please click here.
HOME USE INSTRUCTION
- Dispense a single pump of foam onto the fingers and massage gently into the lash line
- Apply a small amount of shampoo on the brush or finger by pressing on the foaming pump head
- Dab it on the lashes along the lash line
- Work the brush-up and down along the lashes in gentle movements
- Rinse it off with water
- Gently brush lashes with a clean lash wand/brush
- Use 2-3 times a week to clean extensions or as needed
HOW TO USE CLEANING SHAMPOO BRUSH
- To use the brush, simply apply your favorite foaming cleanser or exfoliating scrub onto your eyelashes
- Now briskly move the brush in circles around your nose for several minutes
- You need to put some cleansing shampoo into the situation to get results
- Keeping briskly moving the brush around your eyes
8. USE A EYELASH EXTENSION SAFE EYELINER
Ever wonder if you are allowed to use eyeliner for eyelash extension? Worry no more. We at ThousandLashes launch our Eyeliner Safe for eyelash extension.
This eyeliner extension is compatible with all eyelash extension products and makeup brands. Formulated with ingredients that will not cause the breakdown of eyelash extension adhesive bond. Safe and consistent with using permanent eyelash extensions
This Eyeliner Safe for eyelash extension is long-lasting and easy to apply. The flocked-tip applicator helps you get a precise line every time. A long-wearing eyeliner that is ultra-comfortable to wear. This is a great product to retail in your salon for your lash clients.
9. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE YOUR LASHES ON YOUR OWN. MAKE SURE TO SET AN APPOINTMENT OTO YOUR LASH ARTIST
10. IF YOU CLEAN YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS, THEY WILL LASH LONGER
11. BRUSHING YOUR EYELASH REGULARLY WILL ELIMINATE TANGLED LASHES BUT MAKE SURE TO USE SOFT BRUSHES.
Looking for a perfect solution to package your eyelash cleaning brush that is compact, disposable, and multifunction? Well, meet our eyelash wand, little disposable tubes that do everything! Lash Wand Tube: Multifunctional Lash Brush
- Sleek and compact tubes not only make it suitable for travel, but the clear design lets you see your product and get the one you need
- These keep your eyelash brush neat, but the tubes are also perfect for securing and carrying your little necessities.
- These tubes are not only disposable but also airtight and waterproof to ensure maximum security while keeping your eyelash cleaning brush neat.
- The high-quality test tubes make sure that they do not smell so you can use them comfortably.
Disposable Lash Brushes For Eyelash Extensions, keep brushes hygienic and clean. Easy to carry and very light. Just put it in your purse, pocket, or handbag so you and your clients can use it whenever you need it.
For a lash artist – you can give lash wands to your clients after their treatment as a special gift to keep your work looking fresh and fabulous.
- Easy portability with compact size, fit in with most makeup cases, and you can carry it on various occasions.
- These Disposable Eye Lash Brushes for Eyelash Extensions head is elastic and can be bent slightly according to your daily needs. You can also dip organic castor oil into an eyelash.
- The new design sparkle brushes look very attractive, bringing you a happy mood when using.
- Hygienic, no double-dip, no infection
- Brilliant eyelash wand for daily use, suitable for lash salon and home use.
- Perfect for separating eyelashes before and after mascara application
- These eyelash brushes are great for eyebrows, brows, eyelash extensions, mascara application, and makeup applications.
- Sold per pack - 50 pcs/pack
Our retractable and reusable lash wands are fantastic to keep your brushes safe and sanitary. The synthetic bristles are built to last, and the long-lasting aluminum body can be easily kept in your makeup case or car for a perfect touch-up on the go.
These portable, pocket-sized, stylish wands are a great retail product for your lash clients.
ThousandLashes is the perfect aftercare solution to help your customers maintain their beautiful new eyelash extensions. Clean Lashes will significantly improve lash retention. So get your aftercare lash supplies from our website now!
Deluxe Aftercare Kit for Eyelash Extensions is all you need to take good care of those gorgeous lashes. It has lash foam, brush, and mask packed in our vanity kit. Use our aftercare kit to cleanse, nourish & protect your lashes and extensions.
Not cleaning your eyelash extensions can cause them to be a little dirty and grimy. And it is not very pleasant for people to see and for you to feel it. You will feel discomfort and won't feel good about it.
When you get eyelash extensions, the lash artist will apply an extension to each of your natural lashes and hope that they will last up to 4 weeks. But this is not possible if you don't take care of your lash extensions and clean them every day.
When you don't clean your lashes, the dead skin cells naturally produced in our body accumulate on the base of lashes, which causes a barrier to form between the lash adhesive and the natural lash. This barrier prevents the lash adhesive from sticking to the natural lash. Then there will be a gap between each lash extension and the natural lash that it is supposed to stick.
The eyelash extensions will fall off because there is no way for them to stick to your natural lashes. The more days you skip cleaning your lashes, the more gaps will form between your natural lashes and your eyelash extensions which means more premature lash falls. It is why it is essential to do a daily routine of cleaning and caring for your eyelash extensions to help them last longer!
Do you find this blog post helpful? Have you learned something? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts. Don’t forget to share this blog with your lash friend.
Anyone needing lash support or lash tips and tricks? Thousandlashes Lash Artist Facebook Support Group will always be open for the kind of support that you will be needing on this lash journey.
We used these techniques to create a beautiful set of wispy lashes. To get your FREE Training Ebook, please click here.
*Grab your FREE Training Ebook on wispy lashes now! ( limited time only )
To purchase lash products, check out our website. SHOP NOW
ThousandLashes team will do our best to service you with our high-quality products and best service.
ARE YOU TIRED OF HAVING CLIENTS COMING BACK TO YOU SAYING THEIR LASHES ARE FALLING OUT?
TOP SECRETS of working with lash adhesives and improve your clients retention. The ultimate lash artists checklist you needed!
In this PDF document, we will cover the potential reasons why your clients lash extensions don’t last long and help you can solve these issues.
If you follow this checklist, and understand this information on an in depth level, you are GUARANTEED to fix your clients lash retention issues.
Get the checklist and all your questions will be answered perfectly with the aftermath of an outstanding end result.
Additionally, if you have any questions, we always have a lash artist available on call you can ask any questions regarding this topic.
100% GUARANTEE YOU'LL LOVE THIS LASH RETENTION CHECKLIST!
RELATED POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL TO UPSCALE YOUR LASH BUSINESS:
How To Work With Difficult Lashes?: Detailed video on how to work and assess your client's lashes and which kind of eyelash extensions set suits them best.
Tips On How To Make More Money As A Lash Artist: This blog post will give you many tips on how to scale your lash business as a lash artist.
Inventory For Lash Supplies: This blog will give you a complete eyelash extensions supply list.