Pre-made fans are created in the same way that handmade volume lashes are, with the exception that a machine is used to assist in the process.
On a lash tray, a row of thin PBT threads is typically laid, with the roots (bases) either heat-bonded or bonded with a tiny amount of glue.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PRE-MADE VOLUME FANS?
To begin, decide on the look you want to achieve using pre-made lash fans.
Whether you want fluffy lashes or a more defined eyeliner volume effect, there are a variety of pre-made fans to help you achieve your desired look.
- For a very natural volume lash style: 2D, 3D (long stem fans)
- For a hybrid look style : use 3D-5D in combination with some classic lashes, this will give a little mix of classic and volume resulting in a nice natural look.
- For a dramatic mega volume lash style: 10D, 15D (Medium-stem fans)
- For a Wispy look lash style: 5D (mixed length fans) in combination with lash wisps
- For a fluffy but natural volume lash style: 4D, 5D, 6D (Long stem fans)
- For a eyeliner effect volume lash style: 3D, 5D (long-stem fans)
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PREMADE FANS?
Advantages of using premade volume lash fans:
- Premade lash fans help you save time when applying your lashes.
- A high client turnover rate means more bookings each day.
- Most pre-made fans are lined up on a sticky strip, making it easy to grab them and apply to clients natural lashes.
- Clients love a fast service, they value their time and greatly appreciate a faster service as long as the quality is not compromised.
- There's no need for lash volume training.
- When compared to the classic set, the volume set provides a higher gross profit.
Disadvantages of using pre-made volume lash fans:
- Less adjustable than a handmade lash fan.
- The style is not as customizable for each client
- A tray of pre-made fans is more expensive than a tray of pro made (made by lash artist) lash fans. Keep in mind that Pro-made fans that are for sale are more expensive then pre-made fans.
- Lash retention may be less than that of a handmade fan, but this is quite debatable, a lot depends on the skill of the lash artist and the quality of the pre-made fans used. The medium and long stem base pre-made fans tend to have very good retention.