Premade fans are created in the same way that handmade volume lashes are, with the exception that a machine is used to assist in the process.
On a lash tray, a row of thin PBT threads is typically laid, with the roots (bases) either heat-bonded or bonded with a tiny amount of glue.
The threads might be coiled into the precise curl and heat-processed to hold the curl as soon as the foundation adhesion is complete.
The factory workers in the manufacturing facility will follow the best quantity of thread to the strip and manually open the fans, similar to on the lash studio, as soon as the curl is complete
After being neatly attached to a strip of lash glue and packaged alongside rows of other fans on a lash tray, the finished premade fans are carefully attached to a strip of lash glue and packaged alongside rows of other fans on a lash tray.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PREMADE VOLUME FANS?
To begin, decide on the look you want to achieve using premade lash fans.
Whether you want fluffy lashes or a more defined eyeliner volume effect, there are a variety of premade fans to help you achieve your desired look.
For a very natural volume lash style: 2D, 3D (short stem fans)
For a hybrid look style : use 3D-5D in combination with some classic lashes, this will give a little mix of classic and volume resulting in a nice natural look.
For a dramatic mega volume lash style: 10D, 15D (short stem fans)
For a feathery effect volume lash style: 5D (mixed length fans)
For a fluffy volume lash style: 4D, 5D, 6D (short stem fans)
For a eyeliner effect volume lash style: 3D, 5D (long-stem fans)
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PREMADE FANS?
Advantages of using premade volume lash fans:
- Premade lash fans help you save time when applying your lashes.
- A high client turnover rate means more bookings each day.
- Most pre-made fans are lined up on a sticky strip, making it easy to grab them and apply to clients natural lashes.
- Clients love a fast service, they value their time and greatly appreciate a faster service as long as the quality is not compromised.
- There's no need for lash volume training.
- When compared to the classic set, the volume set provides a higher gross profit.
- Disadvantages of using premade volume lash fans:
- Less adjustable than a handmade lash fan.
- The style is not as customizable for each client, for example there are no L curl pre made fans available at the moment, but this will change in the near future.
- A tray of premade fans is more expensive than a tray of promade (made by lash artist) lash fans.
- Lash retention may be less than that of a handmade fan, but this is quite debatable, a lot depends on the skill of the lash artist and the quality of the pre-made fans used. The sharp base pre-made fans tend to have very good retention.