What bed should I use for eyelash extensions? Lash Bed or a Recliner Chair?
I try to give you guys as much information on this blog to make your journey easier and more efficient than mine was when I was starting out.
So, when you are a beginner lash artist you need to invest in some supplies and some larger items. Some items you can definitely save, but a lash bed or recliner is not one of them.
Here’s my personal review on both a lash bed and a recliner. I would like to give you as much information so that you would feel comfortable investing your hard earned money in whatever route you choose.
HERE'S MY REVIEW ON A LASH BED AND I DON'T HAVE THE BRAND FOR REFERECING:
- Client comfort, you might get a lash bed that’s extremely not comfortable for the client, and they will end up complaining after 1 – 1.5 hours. It’s not going to be ideal for the client.
- Lash artist comfort, this is the most important in my opinion, why is that?
- Well, because you will be spending 5 – 8 hours working if you are not comfortable, you will rush through your lash sets and develop backaches as well as neck pain.
MY RECOMMENDATIONS IF EVER YOU DECIDE TO GET A LASH BED:
- 65 cm minimum in width for your client’s comfort, ideally 70 cm for bigger clients, and for a lash artist to have space for her material.
- Make sure it has a simple bottom part, no extra sticks where the legs are, they will bother you when you are trying to move and work.
- This is extremely important since a lot of these beds are intended for massage therapists that work standing up. For a lash artist, it is very important to have enough space for the legs.
- There are various finishing's. Ideally it is preferable to buy a bed that is easy to clean and disinfect.
- Keep in mind most of these are made for massage therapists, therefore, not exactly keeping in mind lash artists’ comfort. So you have to be proactive and pick a good one.
- Be sure you cover it is a good material that can be cleaned and disinfected, a plastic vinyl cover works very well for this purpose.
- The advantage of a lash bed is that it doesn’t take up as much space as a recliner, it can easily be used for other services such as massages, facials, and waxing as well.
- Another aspect to keep in mind is that there is space on the side for lash tiles and a lash pillow if needed.
- It’s affordable, customizable, and reliable.
DISADVANTAGES OF LASH BED
- One of the disadvantages is that the height of the table can not be adjusted, and this can result in backaches for the lash artist, unfortunately.
- The other disadvantage is that the bed can sometimes be unstable, it can also be incredibly uncomfortable especially for bigger and heavier clients.
- It might not be the most comfortable bed for clients to be lying on for 3 hours straight.
LET'S TALK ABOUT RECLINING LASH CHAIR
Take a nap and wake up beautiful! Recliners can provide your client full support and comfort while getting their eyelash extensions done.
This will especially aid in their overall experience as the more comfortable they are with you and during their session, the more inclined they are to be a returning client.
When selecting a eyelash chair, be sure to check how far it reclines back before purchasing as you will want to select one that will lean far enough back for you to lash comfortably from your own stool or chair.
DISADVANTAGES OF RECLINING CHAIR
Keep in mind that there are some disadvantages in using a recliner chair.
First of all, lets consider price, recliners have a tendency to be much more expensive then massage beds. They can typically range anywhere between 200$-2000$.
Therefore it’s a onerous investment to consider wisely before taking the leap.
Another disadvantage to consider is the lack of space for the lash artist, there is typically much less space around the client’s head to put your supplies, such as lash tiles, lash pillow, and organizer.
Whatever you decide to purchase, consider your budget, your lash area, and most importantly comfort that it will provide for the lash artist and the client.
WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING NEW EYELASH CHAIR OR RECLINER CHAIR THERE ARE THINGS TO CONSIDER. NOT LEAST THE FOLLOWING:
- Try Before You Buy – Given I have mentioned comfort a few times, It’s important to try a recliner before you buy it. Most online retailers offer a money-back guarantee.
- Price – There is a huge variation in prices when it comes to recliner chairs. But, there is also a huge variation in what each chair can do and how it does it. Of course, I want you all to get the best price, but I’d also say, you get what you pay for. My advice would be to buy the best recliner you can afford.
- After Sales Service – If you buy a recliner from a reputable retailer they’ll offer a warranty or guarantee for your peace of mind.
- Size and Weight – It’s worth mentioning when you buy a recliner that some of them are not only big in size but also heavy. Make sure you have the space to accommodate it and help should you need to move it.
Creating a comfortable environment for your clients may seem like a heavy investment in the beginning. However, in the grand scheme of things, it’s the smarter investment that will keep your clients coming back.
Remember, it’s about the bigger picture!
So which one are you using? Lash bed or lash chair? Let me know in the comment section below.
RELATED POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL TO UPSCALE YOUR LASH BUSINESS:
How To Work With Difficult Lashes?: Detailed video on how to work and assess your client's lashes and which kind of eyelash extension set suits them best.
A Quick Guide To Lash Mapping: On this blog, you will learn why lash mapping is important and how to choose a correct lash style for your client.
What Is The Best Lash Bed For Lash Extensions?: On this blog, you will learn what you should look for in a lash bed, the best place to buy from and descriptions on each eyelash bed and eyelash chair.