A successful lash removal is a skill any lash artist needs to master. This is an important part of being a great lash artist. You will often have clients requesting a brand new set of eyelashes coming from other lash artists, or because they simply want to try a new style of eyelash extensions.
Reasons for lash removal
It looks good on you and what could be the reason for a client to have a lash removal. The lash extension might sitting there for a long time and needed for the natural lashes to have rest or because your client may simply want a new set of eyelash extension.
Another good reason may be that the client had her eyelash extension done elsewhere and later to find out she's not satisfied with the set that she got.
Some clients can get lash extensions and later on develop an allergy, or sensitivity to eyelash extensions. This can occur because of the glue, because of the main ingredient called carbon black. In this case the client needs to have an immediate removal or it may cause a serious damage to the clients natural lashes or worst to the eyes of the client. Unfortunately, in most cases, clients will no longer be able to wear extensions after they have had an allergic reaction to the lash adhesive.
Being able to perform a lash removal without damaging your clients’ natural lashes, and within the clients’ comfort is vital. You need to have the proper products in order to achieve a successful removal of those eyelash extensions.
We are only using the best products to ensure no natural lashes will be harmed during the removal. Our gel remover is safe and extremely effective to remove unwanted lash extensions.
- Once applied, the gel remover breaks down the adhesive bonds, allowing lash extensions to slip off gently, causing no stress to the natural lash.
- Apply over the lash extensions generously and let sit for 90 seconds.
- Gently wipe lash extensions off with a micro swab.
- Rinse well after removal.
- The formula is easy to control and won’t run into your clients’ eyes when applied.
- It should be kept at room temperature.
- Do not put it in the fridge.
- We suggest washing the eyelashes after with a lash shampoo in order to remove any extra residue and wiping the eyes with lint-free wipes.
- Once the lashes are dry you can start your FULL set or your refill.
Is it safe to remove lashes at home?
This I would not recommend to any of my client, yes there will be a lot of DIY on YouTube that they are suggesting for clients to use. This can harm your natural lashes and can get into the eye, which can cause stinging and discomfort.
There are no over-the-counter products that can remove lash extensions that were applied professionally either. As eyelash extension is applied strand my strand. Pulling your lashes is also a no-no and we always advise our clients not to do this. This is harmful for your natural lashes and can cause the client to have bald spots on the lash line.
Instead of DIY-ing, you better go to someone who is a professional in doing lash extensions as well as removals.
There's a special designated products to be use to do this and it'll be safe and easy if done correctly by your lash artist.
Video Tutorial on Lash Removal
We have made a YouTube video showing how we do lash removal using our scented cream remover. Click here to watch.
This video will give you on tips on how to perform a lash removal on your clients, using our scented mango cream remover.
Removing eyelash extensions is now easier than ever before with the premium ThousandLashes mango melting gel remover a fast and quick alternative that will make your job a lot easier.
- Safe and odorless safe to use without any client irritation.
- The remover has a creamy texture specifically designed to avoid running into the client’s eyes.
- And it can dissolve eyelash adhesive 20% quicker than your standard lash adhesive remover. This gives the lash artist more time for applying for lash extensions.
WHY IS THIS PRODUCT FOR YOU?
This product is your go-to solution when it comes to removing lashes. The formula contains no latex or acetone, which makes it safer than a classic lash adhesive. We are always thinking about your client’s comfort and safety.
SOME OF THE AMAZING FEATURES OF THIS PRODUCT:
- Easy to use and apply
- Formula free of acetone and latex
- Safe for all skin types
- Helps to remove all types of eyelash glue
- For professional lash artist use only
HOW TO USE FLAVOR MELTING CREAM REMOVER FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS:
- For professional use by lash artists only.
- Use in a well-ventilated area
- Use a pea-sized amount of the cream remover apply on microfiber brushes
- Be sure to apply eyepatches to the client’s eyes and tape down the client’s lower lashes exposing only the client’s top lashes.
- Apply to client’s eyelash extensions, with microfiber tips, coating the lashes from the top and from the bottom of the lashes. let sit for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove gently with a lash extensions wand, you will notice the lash extensions will start to slide off gently. NEVER pull on the client’s lashes or the extensions.
- If there are stubborn eyelash extensions are not sliding off easily, apply another coat and wait 4 minutes again, and brush them out.
- Be sure to be cautious, and tell the client to avoid talking during the removal, since the lash patches will move and the remover can get into the client’s eyes. If remover is accidentally applied to the client’s eye, wash out with warm water.
- After eyelash extensions are removed, use warm water and a towel to wipe away excess eyelash extension adhesive remover.
- We strongly recommend to wash out the remaining of the remover gently with a lash shampoo prior to starting your new eyelash extensions application.
Tips and Tricks
After you have done with the lash removal, I would be suggesting to wash your client's lashes too. This to make sure that there's no residual left.
Another video tutorial for your reference on how to gently wash the lashes of your clients using a lash foam.
Check the YouTube link here.
We specifically use ThousandLashes' Lash Foam Brush Combo for Eyelash Extension every time we wash our client's lashes.
Lash Foam Brush Combo for Eyelash Extensions is a gentle cleansing formula that removes eye makeup and impurities from lashes.
Lash shampoo is an absolute must-have for all lash artists and those who wear lash extensions to help keep lashes clean leading to better retention and preventing eye conditions from occurring.
- Gentle, non-burning formula
- Perfect for at-home everyday use
- Oil-free – safe to use on lash extensions
- Foam Pump
- 50 ml
LASH FOAM BRUSH COMBO FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS IS A PERFECT PRODUCT IN ONE KIT.
Perfect for stocking up or for offering to clients after treatments!
- Gentle foaming mousse consistency
- Perfect for cleansing the brow area before tinting treatment
- Suitable for cleaning lashes
- Removes makeup, oils and dust/dirt from hairs and skin
- The addition of Aloe extract moisturizes protects and nourishes skin and hairs.
Home use instruction:
- Dispense a single pump of foam onto the fingers and massage gently into the lash line.
- Apply a small amount of shampoo on the brush or finger by pressing on the foaming pump head
- Dab it on the lashes along the lash line.
- Work the brush-up and down along the lashes in gentle movements
- Rinse it off with water
- Gently brush lashes with a clean lash wand/brush
- Use 2-3 times a week to clean extensions or as needed. It can be used on a daily basis.
I hope these tips will help you perform lash removal for your clients. Let me know if there's anything that you want us to blog about, or any suggestion, tips and tricks you wanted us to feature on one of our blogs, please let us know on the comment section.
You can reach us out on our social media accounts.
To shop for your lash supplies, check our website: ThousandLashes